As the FIFA Women’s World Cup approaches the end of the tournament, we look at the rise in the popularity of female only football. We hear about the history of the women’s sport in the UK and around the world and what progress has been made since the FA banned women’s matches in 1921. You can learn some related vocabulary along the way too.
This week’s question:
When was the first official women’s football world cup?
B: 1988, or
Listen to the programme to find out the answer.
a struggle – word used to describe something that is difficult to do and might involve a lot of hard work or conflict
(to have) agency – being able to act independently and make your own choices
a backlash – a strong negative reaction to something
to dampen enthusiasm (for something) – to make people less interested in something
to ban – to use rules to stop something from continuing to happen
(to make) a concerted effort (to do something) – to try really hard to do something
To download a transcript and the programme, go to our website here:
For more English videos and English lessons to help you learn English: www.bbclearningenglish.com
Learn English with our free English videos everyday on BBC Learning English’s website and YouTube channel. Learning English is easy! Improve your English with our free English videos and lessons on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and English exams.
We like receiving and reading your comments – please use English when you comment.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Chuyên gia giải đáp: Thai mấy tuần có tim thai?
- 999 Nụ Hôn Bá Đạo Của Nam Thần chap 426+427- 999 nu hon ba dao cua nam than chap 426+427
- Liên Khúc Remix 999 Đóa Hồng – Hãy Cho Tôi | Saka Trương Tuyền, Vũ Hà (Tuyệt Đỉnh Remix)
- TUẤN CHUNG LK Nụ Hồng Mong Manh,999 Đóa Hồng, Nhạc Trẻ Xưa Remix, Nhạc Hoa Lời Việt Bất Hủ 7X 8X 9X
- MỘT VÒNG SÀI GÒN TỚI CHỢ NHÀ GIÀU THẢO ĐIỀN | saigon travel Guide