Breast cancer patients and their doctors may now have a new tool in their toolbox.
A new study from Japan found that capecitabine (brand name Xeloda) may increase the rate of disease-free survival in women with HER2-negative breast cancer that was not successfully eliminated by presurgery chemotherapy.
“These [results] show that after two years of follow-up, disease-free survival was significantly improved by the addition of capecitabine to standard therapy,” said lead study author Masakazu Toi, MD, PhD, a professor at Kyoto University Hospital in Japan and founder of the Japan Breast Cancer Research Group, in a press release. “These data are exciting, because the side effects of the treatment were manageable and the benefit of capecitabine treatment was clear.”
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://inkstitch.net/suc-khoe
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Tuyệt chiêu dinh dưỡng với các loại trái cây tốt cho bà bầu 3 tháng đầu
- Tuyệt chiêu làm chuối chưng nước cốt dừa ngon khó cưỡng
- KỸ THUẬT SỬ DỤNG THUỐC THÚ Y HIỆU QUẢ TRÊN GÀ VỊT (Thạc sĩ Nguyễn Thị Thu Năm)
- BV Nhi TW cho trẻ uống thuố.c hết hạn nguy hại sức khỏe thế nào?
- CÁI MIỆNG HẠI CÁI THÂN AI MÀ CÒN ĂN UỐNG KIỂU NÀY THÌ PHẢI BỎ NGAY ĐI