Thousands of women have signed up with 50:50 Parliament to register their interest in standing as an MP (Member of Parliament) in the UK. What’s inspiring them to get involved? Sam and Georgina discuss the engagement of women in politics and teach you related English vocabulary.
This week’s question
Which country has the highest percentage of women in its parliament? Is it:
c) New Zealand
Listen to the programme to find out the answer.
to be a candidate in an election
to see yourself (doing something)
to imagine that it is possible for you to do something
the prospect of
the possibility of
vocabulary and expressions related to a particular job
a disadvantaged background
growing up in a family situation without much money
to tailor (what you say)
to change (how you speak) to make it suitable for a particular group
[Cover: Getty Images]
To download the audio and a transcript, go to our website
For more English videos and English lessons to help you learn English: www.bbclearningenglish.com
Please use English when you comment.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Chuyên gia giải đáp: Thai mấy tuần có tim thai?
- 999 Nụ Hôn Bá Đạo Của Nam Thần chap 426+427- 999 nu hon ba dao cua nam than chap 426+427
- Liên Khúc Remix 999 Đóa Hồng – Hãy Cho Tôi | Saka Trương Tuyền, Vũ Hà (Tuyệt Đỉnh Remix)
- TUẤN CHUNG LK Nụ Hồng Mong Manh,999 Đóa Hồng, Nhạc Trẻ Xưa Remix, Nhạc Hoa Lời Việt Bất Hủ 7X 8X 9X
- MỘT VÒNG SÀI GÒN TỚI CHỢ NHÀ GIÀU THẢO ĐIỀN | saigon travel Guide