Do you enjoy a glass of wine, gin or having a beer with friends? Would you be able to give it up for a whole month? That’s what Dry January is all about – a traditional campaign to encourage people to resist the temptation of having booze and enjoy some health benefits from it. Sam and Rob discuss the challenge of having no alcohol at all and teach you related English vocabulary.
This week’s question
According to historians, which people were thought to be the first group to make New Year’s resolutions? Was it the…
b) Native Americans
Listen to the programme to find out the answer.
a promise to yourself to stop or start doing something
influence a group of similar people have on you to behave like them
an attitude or idea that’s been done in a certain way for a long time and is difficult to change
goods we buy and sell
sick, tired and sometimes anxious feeling you get after drinking too much alcohol
spreading through something and influencing every part of it
To download the audio and a transcript, go to our website:
For more English videos and English lessons to help you learn English: www.bbclearningenglish.com
Please use English when you comment.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Chuyên gia giải đáp: Thai mấy tuần có tim thai?
- 999 Nụ Hôn Bá Đạo Của Nam Thần chap 426+427- 999 nu hon ba dao cua nam than chap 426+427
- Liên Khúc Remix 999 Đóa Hồng – Hãy Cho Tôi | Saka Trương Tuyền, Vũ Hà (Tuyệt Đỉnh Remix)
- TUẤN CHUNG LK Nụ Hồng Mong Manh,999 Đóa Hồng, Nhạc Trẻ Xưa Remix, Nhạc Hoa Lời Việt Bất Hủ 7X 8X 9X
- MỘT VÒNG SÀI GÒN TỚI CHỢ NHÀ GIÀU THẢO ĐIỀN | saigon travel Guide